The Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS) is the peak
body of the social and community sector in Victoria.
VCOSS advocates for an equitable and sustainable society in which every Victorian has a fair share of
the community’s resources and services.
We pursue just and fair social outcomes through policy development and public and private advocacy;
raising awareness of the existence, causes and effects of poverty and inequality.
VCOSS is a powerful voice for the Victorian community sector to pursue social change that creates
greater equality, eliminates poverty and overcomes disadvantage. We:
- Act ethically.
- Lead and support collaborative initiatives for a thriving community sector.
- Maintain productive relationships across the political spectrum.
- Work in collaboration with our members.
- Are transparent in our work and consult widely.
- Value and draw on the direct experiences of people affected by poverty and inequality.
- Draw on the wisdom and expertise of our diverse member base.
- Promote and advance the research and evidence base to drive advocacy priorities.