VCOSS collects your personal information where necessary to conduct our activities or deliver services.
We will explain the purpose at the time we collect the information or as soon as practicable afterwards.
Reasons for collection include to:
- Verify your identity
- Process your VCOSS membership application
- Register your attendance at an event/workshop or for reimbursement. This could include your contact details and financial information such as credit card or bank account details
- Send you information regarding the VCOSS advocacy and related activities. We may also send you information regarding upcoming events, forums or training activities
- Perform assessment against eligibility criteria for grant and/or scholarship applications
- Improve our services, for instance via the collection of information about how members respond to our emails and how many take action through our website.
Personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent, unless VCOSS is required by law to disclose that information.
VCOSS complies with all relevant privacy legislation. Only authorised VCOSS personnel are provided with access to personal information. VCOSS will take all reasonable steps to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alternation of the information under its control including through appropriate physical and electronic security strategies.
If you believe the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us.
If you wish to make an enquiry or complaint about your personal information held by VCOSS please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every effort will be made to resolve the issue quickly and effectively.