Essential resources for your community organisation from the Victorian Council of Social Service & Victoria Law Foundation
EMPLOYING PEOPLE LAUNCH OFFER – x3 manuals for $75.00 (+ postage and handling)
To order, download and complete the VCOSS manuals order form.
Good management is at the heart of safe and happy workplace.
This plain language manual is an invaluable introduction and reference for managers about the roles and responsibilities of management and the keys to running an effective and efficient organisation. It includes:
- an explanation of the differences between governance and management
- detailed information on specific areas of responsibility
- handy tips and reminders for improving management practice
- samples of widely-used forms, agreements and policies.
ISBN 978 1 876045 62 3, Paperback, 297 x 210mm (A4), 108 pages, RRP $30.00 (incl. GST)
Policies and procedures
Policies and procedures help make a workplace run smoothly by ensuring staff and volunteers know how things are done and how decisions are made. They provide guidelines for resolving conflict and minimising risk and enable staff to get on with delivering quality services.
This manual identifies a broad range of policy areas that your organisation may need to consider. It includes sample policies with tips on how to adapt and implement them. It also recommends a set of key policies that your organisation should have in place as a minimum to ensure good governance and management.
ISBN 978 1 876045 63 0, Paperback, 297 x 210mm (A4), 136 pages, RRP $30.00 (incl. GST)
Employing the right team members is a key part of any organisation’s success. This practical manual takes you through the whole employment process, from recruitment to termination.
It includes expert advice on topics, such as:
- existing employment terms, conditions and regulations
- how to recruit the best staff to your community organisation and how to manage termination, remuneration and employment records after they’ve gone
- handy tips on managing staff performance and encouraging professional development
- the importance of occupational health and safety in your workplace.
ISBN 978 1 876 04598 2, Paperback, 297 x 210mm (A4), 132 pages, RRP $30.00 (incl. GST)