The 2018 ACOSS “Rise to the Challenge” National Conference will be held at the SMC Conference and Function Centre, 66 Goulburn St, Sydney on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 October.
There are numerous and massive challenges currently confronting community services sector organisations – as service providers, as research and advocacy bodies and as member representative organisations. Among these are:
- Confronting welfare conditionality
- Raising revenue and providing best services
- Automating decisions and inequality
- Persuading decision makers
- Avoiding the digital poorhouse
- Raising the Rate campaign
- Accessing and affording energy
- Deepening our democracy
- Co-designing services and programs
- Addressing poverty and inequality
- Challenging the silencing of dissent, and
- Strengthening our advocacy
The 2018 ACOSS “Rise to the Challenge” National Conference has been designed not only to explore these in order to shape and inform, but also to equip participants to better confront and address these challenges.
Big ideas plenary sessions, with lessons from the UK, USA, NZ and Australia, combined with practical breakout workshop sessions to engage with the big challenges in more depth.
The conference will end on a big note – literally – the choir from the Anti-Poverty Network South Australia.
SMC Conference and Function Centre
66 Goulburn Street
Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
Time & Date
October 29, 2018 @ 8:00 am - October 30, 2018 @ 5:30 pm
The cost of this event is: $81 - $891
This event has been organised by: