Did you know that less than half of Australian households in need of social housing are receiving it, and it is estimated that by 2036 at least 12% of all housing will need to be social and affordable housing. More topical than ever, we’re delighted to let you know that the 5th Annual Affordable Housing Development Summit is back on 26-28 February 2020 to help identify the opportunity and innovation needed to help Australia deliver more than 1 million social and affordable homes by 2036.
This year’s summit includes special participation from The Honourable Michael Sukkar MP, Australia’s Federal Minister of Housing and Assistant Treasurer. Join government, community housing providers, property developers, investors, and other development leaders to create strategies in line with Australia’s imperative need for catalytic investment in social housing over the next 20 years. The stage is set to introduce legislative and institutional reform that will enable a strategic national strategic approach to affordable housing delivery.
- Hear from Australia’s Federal Minister of Housing on the role of government in supporting investment for affordable housing and unlocking new housing supply to prepare for housing sector development over the next 12 to 24 months
- Improve access to affordable, secure housing by unpacking the role played by banks and superfunds such as Investec, Bank Australia and Industry Super Australia in unlocking funds to boost affordable housing investment
- Learn about how affordable housing is being delivered in Asia and the role that international innovation and construction technology from companies Kumkang Kind plays in achieving Australia’s housing targets
- Discover successful community development models from the City of Port Philip and Housing All Australians and how best practices can be scaled across the country
- Evaluate the success of innovative partnerships between developers, not-for-profits and government in stimulating affordable housing development and closing the housing gap when you hear from Assemble, Home for Homes, Community Housing Ltd, Access Housing and more.
- Find out how to reduce the incidence of homelessness through the implementation of effective programmes as pioneered by YWCA and Wellways Australia
- Learn about the outcomes from affordable housing projects in local communities and how councils are engaging in innovative ways to deliver increased housing
- Become a partner in social and community development with access to current and upcoming initiatives designed to improve housing outcomes
Who Should Attend?
- Federal and State Government
- Local Councils
- Planning and Housing Specialists
- Community and Social Housing Providers
- Community Development Specialists
- Property Developers
- Construction Firms and Home builders
- Not-for-Profit Organisations
- Consultants and Lawyers
- Engineering Firms
- Superfunds, Banks, Investment Managers
To be confirmed
Time & Date
February 26 @ 8:00 am - February 28 @ 5:00 pm
The cost of this event is: Free
This event has been organised by: