It is essential for your client to receive accurate and timely legal information after a relationship breakdown. This training demystifies the family law process and “busts the myths” around children’s arrangements after separation. You will leave the training confident in supporting your client through this legal process.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Practitioners in family violence services
- Practitioners in community and health services
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Overview and foundation of our legal system
- What the law says about children’s arrangements and best interests
- What happens at Court? Demystifying the general process of court proceedings
- Who’s who at Court? Explaining the roles of a Family Consultant and an Independent Children’s Lawyer – and how you can best support your client through the process of engaging with the Court system
- What happens if your client wants to change the Orders?
- Critical and urgent issues, such as recovery of children and contraventions.
WHAT DO OTHER PARTICIPANTS SAY?
- “I’ll be able to give women I work with clear, practical and correct advice as to the Family Law proceedings”
- “[A strength of the training was] preparing for family law matters and managing clients’ expectations around family law”
- “I will be more informed when supporting my clients. I will be able to prepare my client better for meetings with lawyers. I will be able to bust the myths.”
To be confirmed
Time & Date
June 20 @ 9:30 am - June 20 @ 4:30 pm
The cost of this event is: Free
This event has been organised by: