About this Workshop:
Are financials like another language to you?
Board members, CEO’s and managers of not for profit organisations come to the role with a mix of skills and experience which makes their contribution to the overall success of the organisation unique and significant. Many don’t have an in-depth knowledge of accounting or a head for numbers, yet their individual responsibilities often incorporate budget development.
This workshop will show that it’s not as difficult to read and understand the figures presented in financial reports as you think. It will you and your team the knowledge required to be able to read and understand their financial reports and make better informed decisions around the finances.
What you will learn:
Following the workshop, participants will be able to;
– Understand and assess if good financial governance is in place for your organisation
– Interpret the financial reports including the balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow reports
– Develop your budget for the financial year
– Calculate the organisations’s financial health; the Current (solvency), Quick (liquidity) and Debt to Worth (financial risk) ratios
– Link the strategic plan to the budget and financial reports
– Determine appropriate level of equity for you not for profit
– Understand the financial controls required to protect your assets
This program is designed for people without accountancy training so steers way from technical terminology so it’s easy to understand. Handouts will assist to work through examples for your organisation and participants will be provided for attendees to work through financial reporting examples and checklist for budget development.
Who should attend?
Board members, Treasurers, Managers and Leaders from non-profit organisations.
Date: Monday 2 March, 2020
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Location: Ross House Association, 247 Flinders Lane Melbourne, VIC 3000
Contact: 1300 144 113 or email@example.com
Cost $230 with VCOSS discount (Usually $260) Contact Non Profit Training to register and obtain the discount.
Ross House Association
247 - 251 Flinders Lane
Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Time & Date
March 16 @ 9:30 am - March 16 @ 4:30 pm
The cost of this event is: $230 - $260
This event has been organised by: