This course has been developed especially for alcohol and other drug workers, particularly those in counselling or case management roles, who want to build and strengthen the core CBT clinical skills that are the foundation for all best practice CBT protocols from traditional CBT to newer cognitive therapy models like the mindfulness-based therapies.
- Get back to basics and understand exactly what makes CBT tick
- Learn the why not just the how so you can apply core skills to any CBT type
- Unlock the art and science of your practice to take it to the next level
Our unique interactive self-practice approach means you will really experience CBT from the inside, creating a deep understanding of how it works.
Cognitive behaviour therapy is an umbrella term that includes a number of solution-oriented therapies focusing on self-reflection, problem-solving and learning skills that can be applied across situations, such as:
- Cognitive Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
Find out how to use the core skills of CBT to drive change whatever model you use. Our focus is understanding and experiencing the drivers of change in CBT that underlie all CBT models.
- Deepen understanding of the CBT approach and different forms of CBT
- Develop skills in self-reflection and self-practice as a way of maximising experiential learning of CBT
- Understand a CBT model that provides a framework for effective assessment, formulation and intervention
- Improve CBT oriented assessment and formulation skills
- Improve CBT oriented intervention skills
- Recognise and respond to therapeutic relationship difficulties within a CBT framework
Have a read of what previous attendees thought by reading our evaluation reports.
Cost: Earlybird $990 until 29 September 2020 | Standard $1390 after 29 September 2020
Check with organiser
Time & Date
October 13 @ 9:00 am - October 16 @ 5:00 pm
The cost of this event is: $990 - $1390
This event has been organised by: