The AASW in conjunction with Slater & Gordon Lawyers is pleased to present this workshop which will provide the information you need to know to improve your daily social work practice to assist you to minimise your legal risks and survive the court process.
- Capacity is defined from legal and medical perspectives and how it relates to informed consent for adults and minors.
- The financial and personal powers of attorney are explained and how they apply pre and post 01/09/15.
- The medical power of attorney; the medical treatment decision maker; and, the Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act 2016 are discussed.
- The role of VCAT for Guardianship and Administration orders.
- Advance care planning and end of life decisions are explored.
Who should attend?
Social Workers who wish to address knowledge gaps they have. Some components of the session will consolidate current knowledge and skills of participants and for other this will be new or extended learning. The session allows the opportunity to ask the presenters legal questions pertaining to the topic and to their area of legal practice.
Jane McCullough is a Senior Associate Lawyer at Slater & Gordon and has specialised in achieving best outcomes for clients seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents since joining Slater and Gordon Lawyers in 2007. She first qualified as a barrister in Ireland in 2002 and has a wide and varied work history including the Irish Commission for Justice and Peace and the International Commission of Jurists. Jane also has a European Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation.seminar
L7, 14-20 Blackwood Street (large meeting room)
North Melbourne, Victoria 3051 Australia
Time & Date
September 20, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - September 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The cost of this event is: $20 - $40
This event has been organised by: