Congratulations, you’re starting a community organisation! Join our “Getting Started” webinar and get off to the best possible start.
In this webinar, our friendly lawyers (who speak like you, not like lawyers!) will share their handy tips and give you loads of important legal info to give your group a solid foundation to build on.
What we’ll cover:
- What is a community group?
• What does not-for-profit mean?
• The basic structure of (an unincorporated) community group
• Incorporation: what it means, how to do it and pros and cons
• Auspicing: what it means, how to do it and pros and cons
• What is involved in being an auspiced organisation?
• What does it mean to be a charity?
• What tax concessions are available for community groups?
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in setting up a new community organisation or looking to refresh their knowledge on the legal basics.
What you’ll receive:
- 75-minutes of plain-language training from an expert lawyer
- Opportunity to ask the lawyer questions
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support from Justice Connect and others
- From $30 per person.
This is an online event – access details for the webinar will be sent 3-5 days prior to event.
Can’t make it – not a problem
- Register today and we’ll send you the recording for you to access at a time that suits you.
Time & Date
February 11 @ 12:45 pm - February 11 @ 2:00 pm
The cost of this event is: $32.49 - $132.24
This event has been organised by: