This course has been developed specifically for alcohol and other drug practitioners who want to build and strengthen core clinical skills in motivational interviewing, a core competency for alcohol and other drug workers at all levels.
Motivational interviewing is a directive, client-centered interaction style that helps people to explore and resolve ambivalence to change. It’s more than a set of strategies.
- Learn how ambivalence and change impact on therapy outcomes
- Understand the spirit, philosophy and principles of MI so you are not limited by a handful of strategies
- Experience the change process through self practice and self reflection
Our unique interactive self-practice approach means you will really experience MI from the inside, creating a deep understanding of how it works.
- Deepen understanding of the MI approach
- Develop skills in self-reflection and self-practice as a way of maximising experiential learning of MI
- Understand a model that integrates factors for change and values
- Develop advanced MI oriented listening and questioning skills
- Improve understanding of client ambivalence and improve responses to ambivalence
- Develop high level skills in eliciting factors leading to change
- Understand and effectively respond to therapeutic relationship difficulties
Cost: Earlybird $550 | Standard $700
Have a read of what previous attendees thought by reading our evaluation reports.
Check with organiser
Time & Date
August 12 @ 9:00 am - August 13 @ 5:00 pm
The cost of this event is: $550 - $700
This event has been organised by: