The AASW in conjunction with Slater & Gordon Lawyers is pleased to present this workshop which will provide the legal information you need to know to improve your daily social work practice. This information will assist you to minimise your legal risks and survive the court process.
1. The definitions of Privacy vs Confidentiality.
2. An explanation of clients’ rights and your obligations:
– the duty of confidentiality;
-exceptions to this duty; and,
– when it is your duty to breach confidentiality.
3. How to address the conflicts in confidentiality.
4. Documenting clinical notes and writing reports for court: content, access, storage and litigation.
5. Subpoenas and your obligations.
6. Attending court, giving evidence and your conduct in court.
The Slater and Gordon Legal Education Program for Social Workers enables participants to address the knowledge gaps that they have. Social work is an increasingly complex practice and as social workers have the role of a ‘trusted advisor’ to their clients, it is vital they are providing them with accurate information when it comes to their legal rights and entitlements. It is also very important in this environment that social workers understand the law as it impacts on their daily practice.
Who should attend?
Social Workers who wish to address knowledge gaps they have. Some components of the session will consolidate current knowledge and skills of participants and for others this will be new or extended learning. The session allows the opportunity to ask the presenters legal questions pertaining to the topic and to their area of legal practice.
Level 7, 14-20 Blackwood Street
North Melbourne, Victoria 3051 Australia
Time & Date
April 3 @ 2:00 pm - April 3 @ 5:00 pm
The cost of this event is: $25 - $45
This event has been organised by: