Thorough and systematic screening for employees and volunteers is a crucial part of not only compliance with the law and good governance, but running a successful and safe organisation – protecting all those involved with your service: staff, volunteers, clients and members of the public.
Are you involved in recruitment and management of staff and volunteers in your community organisation? Do you want to make sure you are implementing an effective and legally compliant screening program? Do you want to be up to date with the laws and processes around Working with Children Checks and Police Checks? If so, this webinar is for you!
We will be joined by police check expert Brett Holland of CrimCheck, who will help us navigate the common pitfalls of police checks, update us on recent changes to the checking process and address common queries he routinely receives from not-for-profit organisations.
What we’ll cover:
- Key screening checks for NFPs (focusing on WWC Checks and Police Checks and overview of other relevant checks)
- Mandatory v discretionary checks – who needs them and why?
- Changes to screening laws and procedures
- Common issues and top tips for completion of Police Checks
- Other issues to consider, including record-keeping, privacy and discrimination
- Top tips, FAQs and further resources
What you’ll receive
- 75-minutes of plain-language training from an expert lawyer
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Opportunity to submit questions
- Information on further resources and support
Any organisation which engages volunteers.
Time & Date
March 24 @ 12:45 pm - March 24 @ 2:00 pm
The cost of this event is: $32.49 - $132.24
This event has been organised by: