If you’re doing gender equality or primary prevention work, it’s likely that you’ve come across backlash and resistance. This one-day workshop for practitioners will give you effective, evidence-based tools and strategies to respond to resistance.
Topics covered include:
• Background and evidence about backlash and resistance in the prevention sector.
• Understanding different forms of resistance.
• Resistance responses and how to minimise their impact and address their underlying causes.
• Framing effective strategies to manage resistance for programs and organisations.
• Managing how resistance affects you through self-care, supportive allies and other program techniques.
Course Costs (per participant):
$365 (non-SHS funded workers)
$145 (Partners in Prevention Members and SHS funded workers)
SHS or Specialist Homelessness Services provides funding support to most family violence and housing/homelessness services. If you are unsure about your SHS status, please check with your organisations Finance Officer or Administration Coordinator.
To be confirmed
Time & Date
November 20 @ 9:30 am - November 20 @ 4:30 pm
The cost of this event is: $365
This event has been organised by: