VCOSS is kicking off its regional work for 2019, commencing with a consultation with community service organisations in the Latrobe Valley. This session will include opportunities for organisations to hear about:
- Victoria post the 2018 state election and its impact on VCOSS priorities for 2019
- VCOSS’ advocacy work around energy affordability, community resilience, and the real-life impacts of climate change; and
- Renegotiation of the Funding and Service Agreement between the Victorian government and community service organisations (which expires in June 2019).
At this session we are keen to hear about issues such as:
- The key funding issues facing your organisation, including the impact of short term funding
- Whether funding is keeping up with the cost of delivering services
- What changes or improvements are needed for the Funding and Service Agreement with the Victorian state government
- Your views on how energy affordability, climate change and emergency management issues play out on the ground, including:
- the transition to clean energy
- housing conditions, energy efficiency and thermal comfort
- health impacts of climate change and pollution
- natural disaster and emergency management
- extreme weather events and heat vulnerability.
This event is for CEOs, CFOs and anyone else who manages the Service Agreement on behalf of their organisation.
The consultation will take place from 10.30am – 12.30pm and will be followed by a light lunch.
5 Airfield Rd
Traralgon, Victoria 3844
Time & Date
February 26 @ 10:30 am - February 26 @ 12:30 pm
The cost of this event is: Free
This event has been organised by: