We know that involving families in AOD treatment improves outcomes. Do you know how to best work with families of people who use alcohol and other drugs?
This interactive masterclass is full of demonstrations, clinical discussion and practical skills so you walk away with new and effective ways of working with families of people who use alcohol and other drugs.
This masterclass is for anyone who wants to develop their skills in AOD family practice. You’ll learn how to conceptualise and work with complex family dynamics and take a systems approach to family work.
- Understand models of family functioning and how that affects treatment
- Describe the 5-step model for working with families and how to use it in practice
- Establish a collaboration and utilise it to improve outcomes for people in treatment and their families
- Know how to utilise families’ wisdom and coping to achieve improved outcomes
- Implement effective responses to the challenges of working with families, for example conflict, confidentiality and consent
Cost: Earlybird $350 until 1 May 2020 | Standard $450 after 1 May 2020
Facilitator: Paula Ross
Check with organiser
Time & Date
The cost of this event is: $350 - $450
This event has been organised by: