VCOSS and Justice Connect Not-for-Profit Law are providing community organisations with governance and legal training at an affordable cost.
There are three different training courses available in Bendigo on 12/13 December 2018 and Melbourne on 5/6 March 2019.
You can opt to attend one, two or all three.
Click here to register for Bendigo
Click here to register for Melbourne
Governing a Community Organisation
Safety, Risk and Insurance
Privacy Law for Not-for-profit Organisations
|Best for: Board/committee members and senior employees
||Best for: Board/committee members and senior employees
||Best for: Board/committee members, employees and volunteers
- The legal role of committee members as decision makers
- The difference between governance and management
- The legal status and structure of your organisation and what this means for governance
- The importance of your organisation’s rules and legal purpose or objects
- The four main legal duties of committee members
- Other laws that you should be aware of as a committee member
- Potential liabilities and how to protect yourself and your organisation
- Why is safety so important?
- Thinking about both physical and mental safety
- Understanding occupational/work health safety and negligence laws
- Child safety
- How to identify and manage key risks for community organisations
- The types of insurance and protections available
- Overview of privacy laws and how they apply to your organisation
- An explanation of key terms and how to understand them
- The documents, systems and checks you should put in place to protect personal information and comply with privacy laws
- How to legally collect, use, disclose, handle and store personal information
- Requests for personal information from courts, police and others
- What to do if there is a privacy complaint or data breach
Note: minimum numbers are required in order for the sessions to run.
VCOSS and Justice Connect Not-for-Profit Law look forward to delivering these training sessions, and hope to expand to new locations across Victoria in 2019.
If you’ve any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9235 1000 and ask for Chelsea.