The Ageing, Disability and Mental Health Collaborative Panel was established in 2014 to build the capacity of the ageing, disability and mental health sectors to:
- Prepare for the transformational changes associated with Government reforms including the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the introduction of the Aged Care Gateway and related funding reforms.
- Develop good practice in response to these reforms and for the future in relation to consumer led service delivery, develop new training approaches, share their experiences and collaborate on common challenges and opportunities.
The Ageing, Disability and Mental Health Collaborative Panel was initiated and is supported by the State Trustees Australia Foundation. It helps strategically guide the State Trustees Australia Foundation’s larger grants program to gain momentum in supporting vulnerable Victorians.
The Panel is chaired by Annie Hayward (General Manager – Policy, Strategy & Public Affairs, Carers Victoria) and includes representatives from:
- Australian Federation of Disability Organisations
- Australian Multicultural Community Services
- Carers Australia Victoria
- Council On The Ageing Victoria
- Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria
- Mental Health Victoria
- National Disability Services
- State Trustees Australia Foundation
- Victorian Aboriginal Controlled Health Organisation Inc and
- Victorian Council of Social Service.
Projects associated with the Panel are detailed below.
For more information please send an email.
Matthew Wright, CEO, AFDO, Ph: 03 9662 3324, email@example.com
Investigating key enablers of consumer choice and control, and delivering training to build sector capacity to offer it.