The Human Services and Health Partnership Agreement between the then Department of Human Services and the health, housing and community services sector was signed in October 2002.
Since 2002 there have been four three-year agreements between the Department of Human Services (and the Department of Health) and the health, housing and community sector,
The Human Services and Health Partnership Implementation Committee (HSHPIC) was established in 2004 to guide and implement the commitments of the Partnership Agreement. The purpose of the committee is to promote consultation and engagement between the Department and funded community sector organisations. HSHPIC is cochaired by DHHS and VCOSS.
The work of HSHPIC focuses on:
- strengthening DHHS and community sector partnering to achieve effective and respectful relationships
- auspicing projects that improve business processes to reduce the regulatory burden on the community sector
- addressing strategic challenges facing the human services industry through partnering dialogues and shared action.
- Victorian Council of Social Service (co-chair)
- Department of Health and Human Services (co-chair)
- Community Housing Industry Association
- Council to Homeless Persons
- Domestic Violence Victoria
- Family Safety Victoria
- Mental Health Victoria
- National Disability Services
- The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
- Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency
- Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Victorian Alcohol & Drug Association
- Victorian Healthcare Association
- Youth Affairs Council of Victoria