Human Services and Health Partnership Implementation Committee
The Human Services and Health Partnership Implementation Committee (HSHPIC) was established in 2004.
It’s role is to guide and implement commitments contained in a 2002 Partnership Agreement between the then Department of Human Services and the health, housing and community services sector. The purpose of this work is to promote consultation and engagement between the Victorian Government and funded community sector organisations.
VCOSS now co-chairs HSHPIC with the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
The work of HSHPIC focuses on:
- strengthening DFFHand community sector partnering to achieve effective and respectful relationships
- auspicing projects that improve business processes to reduce the regulatory burden on the community sector
- addressing strategic challenges facing the human services industry through partnering dialogues and shared action.
- Victorian Council of Social Service (co-chair)
- Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (co-chair)
- Community Housing Industry Association
- Council to Homeless Persons
- Domestic Violence Victoria
- Family Safety Victoria
- Mental Health Victoria
- National Disability Services
- The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
- Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency
- Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Victorian Alcohol & Drug Association
- Victorian Healthcare Association
- Youth Affairs Council of Victoria