Join the powerful voice against poverty and inequality. Become a member of VCOSS.
The Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS) is the peak organisation of the non-government social and community services sector in Victoria. We raise awareness of the existence, causes and effects of poverty and inequality, and work to create a more just society through policy development and public and private advocacy.
Membership is open to all individuals and organisations in Victoria who support the VCOSS vision and mission.
Information, research and analysis
- Receive our monthly VCOSS enews, which includes:
- News and views from VCOSS and the sector
- Invitations to VCOSS events
- Receive our social policy magazine, Insight, published three times a year, featuring research, analysis and commentary from leading thinkers and practitioners in social policy
- Receive free or discounted copies of VCOSS manuals and submissions and reports.
Invitations to events
- Attend VCOSS conferences, seminars and workshops, such as our biennial Summit, formerly 2014 Summit , for free, or at significantly reduced rates
- Participate in VCOSS forums, working groups and sector development activities alongside experts and advocates across the community sector, such as the Peaks and Statewide Network Forum
Opportunities to contribute
- Contribute to our social policy magazine Insight and VCOSS enews
- Attend members consultations and inform our policy positions and annual State Budget Submission
Practical support for your organisation through VCOSS Link
- Through our partners, VCOSS Link is able to off VCOSS members a wide range of benefits including:
- Monthly free and subsidised high quality training opportunities through the Australian Institute of Management (AIM)*
- Opportunities for your organisation to be matched with skilled IT students through the VCOSS-Monash IT Industry Experience Projects*
- Exclusive member discounts, free meeting room space**, and free delivery on all office supplies orders through our partnership with Officeworks*
- Access to a suite of VCOSS Link’s promotional tools (website, e-bulletins etc.) to share and showcase your organisation’s events and resources
- Receive our monthly enews bulletin focusing on practical support for community organisations including events, opportunities, resources and news
- Access to a comprehensive database of practical resources for community sector organisations spanning advocacy, funding and finances, legal issues, IT and governance
- Participate in professional development networks such as the Bank Australia-VCOSS Finance Network
Apply for VCOSS membership today
Membership fees are paid annually, calculated on a sliding scale according to income.
Your application will then be considered at the monthly meeting of the VCOSS Board, and once approved, a tax invoice and member pack will be posted to you.
*May not apply to individual members
**Limit of up to 3 bookings per year, subject to availability. Contact VCOSS for full room hire policy
***Please note that individual membership is not transferable
Printable application forms available below.